Friday 12 August 2011

I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings







She first whisked me away in the "The Heart of A Woman" though she stole my mind because of the title"I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" which would later become one of my favourite writing by her.

I have fallen in love with her and who she is through her stories in all her writng.

Maya Angelou was born Marguerite Johnson in St. Louis, Missouri, on April 4, 1928. She grew up in St. Louis and Stamps, Arkansas. She is an author, poet, historian, songwriter, playwright, dancer, stage and screen producer, director, performer, singer, and civil rights activist. More than that, She is God's gift to women and all the more reason to sing.

Through her writing we have discovered why she sings and why we can sing. I have been singing since the first time I met her in primary.

She is and always will be my top 31 women who have inspired me and will continue to do so with others.

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Maya Angelou
Everything is Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment