Thursday 23 February 2012

My petition to God

I have currently been going through what my flatmate rephrased as a quarterlife crisis (can't be midlife because we think im not there yet, though its quite debatable) and as if the heavens directed me to cna and I purchased (on sale) Eat, Pray, Love; although I would later regret the hole it made in my wallet, its exactly what I needed to help me get through this phase of my life.

Liz, the author and main character of the book, wrote a petition to God to help her through her complicated divorces. I found this liberating and decided to write my own.

Dear God

Thank you for showing me your love by letting me pass through all the trials and tribulations you have put my way to help me. I have grown

Please heal my world through my mind, heart and soul,
because if I am mentally and emotionally dead,
I can't fulfill the purpose you have for me.

Please give me the courage to face myself and most of all forgive myself,
Because the pains I carry affect many and the world has enough pain as it stands
With all the wars, corruption, hunger and poverty but to name a few - you know this already.

Please help me move on and see the bigger picture;
Because if I don't, I don't get to share all i can share with the people around.
Allow love, peace and contentment in my life and my loved ones.
Send the focus, ambition and determination you once gave me
Because you know why it was there in the first please.

As you can see there is tons of names of my petition list who want all of this to be granted to me.
 Thank you in advance

Regards
Anelisiwe Miza


EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING

No comments:

Post a Comment