Tuesday 21 June 2011

"Be the change you want to see in the world"-Mahatma Ghandi

"This is our day" would probably have been the better and more suitable Title quote rather than the one I used considering I'm reporting on my youth day with SOS Mthatha Village but everything linked to that day and everything it teaches us,asks to do is best represented by Ghandi's saying.

SOS Mthatha Village is a home for abandoned children and those from unbearable circumstances.It is part of an international organisation formed at ther end of World War 2.

The Mthatha Village houses about 140 children including those in external homes.

The Youth of today is always compared to that of 1976 and we are posed with the questions of what we stand for and are fighting for except twitter and facebook and it is such homes that remind me and remind evry human being that we have struggles.the struggle to overcome our background,struggling to find ourselves and individual struggles of everyday that only take courage to fight.

Strive Push Consultants proposed to do a Youth day event of which was held at the village on 16 June 2011.

The day was aimed at motivating the children and this is exactly what it did and also gave them knowledge in terms of their career path with major lesson of education being a highlight. Moreso we also celebrated ourselves and commemorated the youth of 1976 and also highlighting that the youth of today also have their own struggle though it may differ from back then but is also important.the day was filled with activities and it was beautiful and inspiring to see the children interact and showing us some dance moves.

The day was surrounded by love,laughter and victory.As much as I am overjoyed that all the children learnt a lot I learnt a lot from them.I acquired strength from theirs.

There is no greater gift than that of giving.not because it clears your conscious but because you learn more about yourself through others.You receive even though you might not always realise it.

I have learnt a great deal of people, their kindness and willingness to give and I thank Strive Push Consultants Mthatha's Jimmy SuperSpar, Mila's Guest Lodge and Willing Buddies GuestHouse for showing me that the spirit of uBuntu still exist and also allowing themselves to be the change in the world including all the stuff at SOS Mthatha Village and the children.

Courage is being able to live through a new day with everything it brings whether painful or joyful because not everyone faces it.Courage is asking more of yourself even though you may not know what lives in you.Courage is continuing to walk with ur bleeding and wounded legs.

I Loved my june 16 this year,I felt like I shared it with the world.

EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING

No comments:

Post a Comment